Okay so a few things have happened since my last post. We went to our unmedicated delivery class and it was awesome! We learned a lot and met some other really cool parents that have decided to chose the natural way to deliver their babies. I wish I could keep up with them all.
Last week we had 3 doctor appointments back to back. The first was our glucose screening for gestational diabetes which I just learned I failed miserably. I am really not too worried about this because from what I have read, that test usually has a high number of false positives because of the sugar content of the Glucola used. To be on the safe side, I gave in to the follow up test where I will have to go in after fasting, get stuck, drink more Glucola, sit for 3HOURS (instead of 1) and then get stuck again. I am going to be utterly miserable by the time this is all over. My mother suffered with gestational diabetes with her last 2 children but I just chalked that up to the age in which she had them. So I will keep you all posted with the results of that one.
Our next appointment for the day was our regular monthly visit with Dr. Harris. This time I only gained 3 lbs (WOOHOO for me). We still had not given our birth plan to him at this point, because we are just so sick and tired of everybody trying to tell us the complete opposite. So we figured we would just give it to him at the last minute. This particular appointment he actually asked about our plan. His exact words out of the blue were, "So you guys are thinking natural, correct?" There was no sarcasm or anything behind it either, which came as a surprise to us both. As I looked over at my husband who was just as shocked as I was, I began to scramble for words. I told him yes we were and that was in fact our plan A. We also let him know that we we werent those psycho natural parents who werent open to life saving options in case our plan failed. We are keeping in mind that A: Bralen is still breech even though he still has time to turn and B: we are completely on this kids schedule and anything could happen.
Our last appointment of the day was for our 4D pictures. I dont know if we are biased our what, but this kid is kinda cute. It is amazing how much personality he already has. We went to our appointment at 1pm which is usually around the time I eat lunch and he is up. Ha! Not this time. He was out cold. I mean we shook this fella, talked to him, begged him and all he did was put his hand up to his face and kept it there the entire time. To add insult to injury, there were times he would even play with hair, lol. On the picture below you can see how much hair he already has. I think the tech felt bad for us and rescheduled so we could come back and try again. All of the pictures on here that are somewhat clear happened on our 2nd visit.
His feet are huge as you can see above. This may be the only thing he has from me because he looks just like his dad. I am still holding on to hope that he will at least have my eye color. The tech said as of right now he is probably around 3 lbs 11 oz. She made sure she mentioned how long his limbs were and how chubby wubby his cheeks already are. All I can see is how big he is getting coupled with the fact that I know where he has to come out, lol.
Oh I almost forgot. We did our maternity pics last Sunday so on my next post they should be ready for posting. By then I will also have gone back for my 3 week visit so there should be more info to fill you all in on. Well I am tired, not to mention I have a fairly large baby head all comfy in my ribcage so... PEACE!




First off what is Glucola???? Second, wowww a natural birth. I really admire you guys for this. Thumbs up from me. Yep, he definitley has Glenn's big head..bahahhahaha...But i know he will be the cutest thing. And ummmm Brandi, i'm no pyschic or anything but ummm I have a feeling he will be close to Glenn's complexion so if Bralen has your eyes, that will be a little spooky..Alright, love you all
ReplyDeleteHey, sweetheart, it's Mama from the Midwest. My iPhone jumped outta my pocket into the toilet, so I have lost ur number and am reduced to trying to get u back on ur blog. send me a text so I can have my pregnant buddy back. How are those perineal massages coming? I forget to mention ur hubby can help out with that too! He won't mind, I assure u. Don't sweat the gestational diabetes if u have it. It is easily managed. Miss u, mamacita! Love, Karen
ReplyDelete